Monday, October 15, 2018

My "Staycation" is Your Vacation

I live in Virginia where they say Virginia is for Lovers.  I'm sure there are wonderful places for Lovers to vacation, but today I'm going to focus on some of the wonderful offerings for families in my "neck of the woods"!

We have beach fun, amusement parks, history, arts, and great food just to name a few!

Neptune welcomes all visitors to Virginia Beach - a beautiful beach that can be enjoyed in the winter


and the summer -

Basically, its a fabulous beach any time of year!

And if you want some activity beyond the beach, there is always The Adventure Park at Virginia Aquarium for some outdoor fun.





Next up is an amusement park - Busch Gardens Williamsburg offers fun for the whole family 




Are you a family of history buffs?  We have plenty to offer in that regard as well.

Colonial Williamsburg is the world's largest history museum.  Plenty of hands on activities and guided tours and special events take your family back in time to experience life in the 18th century and learn about American and Virginia history.



And experience authentic food in one of the local taverns on site.



My family is a big fan of the arts - fine arts and performing arts.  One probably doesn't often think of Norfolk, VA as a tourist destination but we love it and it has many great things to see and do.  Very close to Virginia Beach it has some great rainy day or just break from the beach day activities.

The Chrysler Museum  offers a very broad collection of artwork and is sure to please anyone who appreciates art.  And admission is FREE!  Closed on Mondays and select holidays.






Also in Norfolk is Chrysler Hall which offers its Broadway in Norfolk performances.  This production of Les Miserable surpassed the one I saw in London.  


My area offers so many great activities for tourists and locals alike.  These just scratch the surface.  As I tackle my "bucket list" I may revisit this topic again on this blog!  

And if these don't entice you to come see my neck of the woods,  let me plan your vacation here and I'll even share with you where to find this plate of pure yumminess!  

I close this blog with Nutella Calzone!












No comments:

Post a Comment