Monday, August 6, 2018

Beautiful Barbados


   This was the very first site I saw when I got to my resort! It was simply breath taking! This photo is not filtered or photoshopped and it was taken from my smart phone not a professional camera! The water is really that color and the sand is bright white and oh so soft! I could not even wait until my room was ready to go put my toes in sand and water!



   Oh Barbados! So many amazing things to do and see on the Bajan Isle! You will discover the whitest sugar sand beaches you've ever laid eyes on and the torquoise blue waters are so surreal! One of my most favorite sights were the Turtles! On my last trip to this incredible beach, I got to see the sea turtles, I hired a tour operator “Ellis” (he is the best, I highly recommend him) to take me out on his jet ski, and he took me down to the Oistin’s Bay Park Docks to see the sea turtles swimming in the water! He also let me drive his jet-ski full speed ahead over the choppy waves it was so much fun! I don’t think I have had that much adrenaline pumping through my veins, ever! By the way, you can actually experience an authentic Bajan fish fry down town at Oistin’s on Friday nights. 





   Another unusual sight to see are the Green Monkeys of Barbados. In my photo you will see some of my fellow travel agents actually letting the monkey’s crawl on them. I love animals just as much as the next person but there is no way I am letting a wild animal crawl on me. I think I’ve seen Monkey Shine, King Kong, and Outbreak one too many times for that. The monkeys were incredibly cute and entertaining I will admit. However I was just not comfortable with getting that "up close and personal" with them. I also got the opportunity to go on a glass bottom boat and snorkel adventure while I was there. All the amazing fish and sea life I got to see and experience! Unfortunately I did not take my camera or phone for fear of getting it wet before I realized the gift shop sold waterproof phone cases. Oh well, all the more reason to go back!

   



   The resort I stayed at was Sandals Barbados in Saint Lawrence Gap. I have to say this is one of my favorite Sandals Properties. The staff was incredibly courteous and went out of their way to make sure my stay was a pleasant one. The food and drinks were top notch as are all of the Sandals properties I have visited. I think my favorite restaurant was a toss up between Soy Sushi and Bombay Club Indian Cuisine Restaurant. I absolutely love sushi and I am very picky about the freshness of the fish and veggies, but Soy got it right every time, I think I went there to grab a beverage and a few sushi rolls at some point each evening. Merry Monkey is a British Pub that serves up late night British noshes, like bangers and mash and Shepherd’s pie and it is sooo good! One thing that Sandals is known for is it’s incredible 5 Star Gourmet Cuisine.  It does not disappoint. That is why it is so hard to say "this place" restaurant is my absolute favorite, I'm a foodie and have different favorites for different reasons.


   The entertainment was phenomenal and the staff is amazing at what they do and how they interact with the audience and their lively energy is contagious. They had some pretty impressive Michael Jackson impersonators and one of the female entertainers sounded just like Tina Turner and was going around the audience and getting everyone to sing along with her. Word of warning, don’t ever sing loud enough for the staff to hear you if you have singing talent, they will put you on the spot in front of everyone and hand you the mic, it happened! Seriously though I wasn’t too embarrassed, fun was had by all, and I had an amazing time and I can’t wait to go back and visit all my new Bajan friends again real soon! 




  Now, there is even more reason for me to love Barbados and go back! Sandals Resorts recently opened a second location, Sandals Royal Barbados right next door to Sandals Barbados, which is an all luxury resort. The best part is that you can stay at one and enjoy them both! The rooms at Royal Barbados are truly spectacular! There is a roof top pool bar over looking the resort. There is a couple's bowling alley and a gentleman's old fashioned shave shop! There are rondoval butler suites and infinity pool balcony rooms.  You name it --this is next level luxury at it's finest. If you want to experience a truly unique Caribbean island then Barbados is the place you definitely want to put on your bucket list and you most certainly want to choose Sandals Resorts for your accommodations.  In my own opinion no one does all inclusive like Sandals Resorts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment