Monday, June 4, 2018

Beaches Turks and Caicos - Part 1


Summer breaks have started for many of us, and are just around the corner for others, and with summer breaks, our thoughts turn to summer fun, and beaches!!  Last week I had the privilege of going to the ultimate beach resort – a Beaches resort to be exact!   This picture pretty much sums up my thoughts on the place!


Beaches Turks and Caicos is truly a paradise and a perfect vacation destination for families, couples and friends.  The turquoise water (my photos don’t even being to touch the true color), the blue skies and the white sand beaches are breathtaking.



A short 15 minute transfer from the airport brings you to this stunning resort that sits on 75 acres, with a view of the turquoise sea bordered by 12 miles of a white sand beach, and offers 758 rooms and suites, 10 pools, 15 bars, 24 dining options and a large water park.  The resort is divided up into  villages and each is unique in its own way.

There are accommodations to suit all preferences.



I stayed in an Oceanfront Family Suite in the Italian Village. These suites can accomodate 5 to 7 guests in 2 separate sleeping areas within one room.



Sunrise from my balcony!
The resort is swimming with pools! (pun intended. I'm afraid my husband's bad dad jokes may be rubbing off on me!)








In addition to all of the pools to choose from, the Pirates Island themed aqua playground offers nine slides, a lazy river, surf simulator, water cannons, cranks and spray features.




Other water based fun on resort include kayaks, windsurfing, snorkeling, snuba, aqua trikes, Hobie Cats, paddleboards, Underwater Vision Boat and scuba diving.


Land Sports available are volleyball, soccer, tennis, shuffle boards, table tennis, billiards, outdoor chess, pool tables, basketball, board games and croquet.


I was certainly happy for all the opportunities to be active! I could justify enjoying all the food I was eating!!   With 24 dining options, my choices were endless and everything I chose was delicious.  The Five Star Global Gourmet service made my inner foodie self very, very happy!






Conch fritters



Come back next week for Part 2!  I will share some of the offerings and special touches Beaches Turks and Caicos has for children, making it a perfect family vacation destination and prompted me to break my no pressure on my children for grandchildren rule as I dreamed of a multi-generational vacation with my bunch.








No comments:

Post a Comment