Monday, May 7, 2018

Finding Mr. Darcy


As a mom, I plan a lot of family vacations and excursions with the whole family in mind.  I also plan ..and participate in...many that are more for my family's sake than my own.  Every once in a while though, I plan something just because I REALLY want to do it.   I know my family won't love it like I do but they will enjoy it so I make them tag along.  And since this month we're focusing on mothers, today I want to share a few such excursions we made for me.  

I adore Jane Austen.  I adore Mr. Darcy - especially the Colin Firth rendition of Mr. Darcy...sigh.... so after our family vacation enjoying the beautiful Lake District in England....

I planned a pit stop at Lyme Park - aka Pemberley in my personal favorite version of Pride and Prejudice - the 1995 BBC Production version with Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy....sigh..in the Peak District National Park in England.

Unfortunately the day was gray and rainy and not at all conducive for beautiful photography by this novice photographer, but we did manage to enjoy our time there nonetheless, and I was quite happy to see the Pemberley that set it all right for the BEST Elizabeth Bennett and Fitzwilliam Darcy.






No sign of a live Mr Darcy, but we managed to find this one  and my family did indeed enjoy themselves too.

While I personally question why anyone could think the BBC production of Pride and Prejudice could possibly be matched in quality and perfection, I will concede that there are those who would differ in opinion from myself.  The weather was way more cooperative for photos that day, and I will also concede that Chatsworth House in Derbyshire, England did indeed make a stunning Pemberley and was a beautiful estate to visit.




And while we searched for Mr. Darcy we found interesting collections

Amazing artwork

Amusing creatures


 some yummy treats


and my family even managed to have fun!


And we did find Mr. Darcy!  Honestly, I may have been tempted had the Statue been the proper Colin Firth version of Mr. Darcy...sigh...but I did find the sign amusing and understand that others, may not be as discerning in their taste for the proper Mr Darcy as I, and might just need the reminder.




No comments:

Post a Comment